Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My All-Natural Dry Shampoo: Johnson's Pure Cornstarch Baby Powder


I wanted to share with you my secret to maintaining a clean-looking and volumized scalp for those "second day" and maybe even "third day" hair days: Johnson's Pure Cornstarch Baby Powder. I have been using baby powder as dry shampoo for what now must be the last decade, and recently switched to the cornstarch version as it is talc-free and contains all natural ingredients including - you guessed it - cornstarch as well as aloe leaf juice. Hey, let's put it this way: if it's good enough for a baby's bottom, it's definitely good enough to sprinkle on top of my head! I actually have to give credit to my mom for this beauty tip. Years ago, she suggested my sister and I try baby powder to keep our scalp oil-free, and to this day all three of use swear by this stuff. I have tried a few dry shampoos that come in spray cans (I'm talking about you Dove, Tresemmé and Batiste), and although they get the job done, they still do not compare to my beloved baby powder!



Ingredients: Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tricalcium Phosphate, Perfume (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate a.k.a. Vitamin E)
I simply sprinkle about a teaspoon at a time into my palms, spread the powder onto both of my hands over the bathroom sink not to get the powder everywhere, and gently rub it into my scalp, both on top of my hair and under. If needed, I add a little more until I am happy with the way my hair looks. I immediately notice how much more volumized and texturized my hair becomes. Being a white powder, it will initially leave a white cast, so I make sure to really work it into my hair, and if I still can get it to blend in completely, I wet my hands slightly and run them through my scalp, and that does the trick! Having lighter hair, I don't have to worry too much about having a leftover white residue, but for all of you dark-hair ladies, you can mix the baby powder with a little bit of cocoa powder (oh yes, your hair will smell like chocolate)! I am just so obsessed with the smell of baby powder, and I think that the all-natural powder version by Johnson's smells even better than the original. Not only that, but one bottle lasts the three of us forever (and by that I mean a good couple of years) and it's one conscious move to save the environment to top it off.

I highly recommend you try using baby powder as dry shampoo if you haven't already - seriously, nothing compares! :)

Post a Comment

0 Comments